This interesting part, of Warwickshire is directly accessible by a branch of the Oxford, Worcester, and Wolverhampton line, by which means it is within, about 100 miles journey by rail from London.
This is a borough town, population 37,760, who return one member. The principal buildings are the church (rebuilt in 1821 on the site of an old one), old Town Hall, Queen Mary’s grammar school (in which Lord Chancellor Saunders and Bishop Hough were educated), Harper’s almshouses, and the manufactories of sadlers’ ironmongery, which constitutes the principal trade of the place. In the vicinity are Springfield, R. Jesson, Esq., and Bentley Hall, E. Anson, Esq.
Spotted a mistake? Suggest a correction on GitHub.
Worcester, the capital of Worcestershire, in a fine part of the Severn, is a parliamentary borough, and seat of a diocese, with a population of 31,227.