Remains of the church, chapter-house, refectory, &c., exist, all picturesquely wound with ivy or overshadowed with ash and other trees.
Bognor is a pleasant bathing place, with good beach, crescent, &c., and much frequented, the air being very pure, and the situation delightful. It was made a market town in 1822, and owes its rise to Sir Richard Hotham, in 1785.
Spotted a mistake? Suggest a correction on GitHub.
Portsmouth, the first naval port in the British Islands, 75 miles, from London by the South Western Line or 95 by way of the Brighton and South Coast Line.
Bonchurch, so called because the church is dedicated to St. Boniface.