Skip to content

Bradshaw’s Guide


This town was built by the Blaneys in 1611, and has a population of about 3,484, who are principally shop-keepers. Large flour mills are in the vicinity. The Ulster canal passes the town. Its public buildings consist of a county court house and jail, cavalry barracks, fever hospital, and workhouse. Close at hand are the ruins of some forts. Cortalvin, Lord Rossmore; Castle Shane, Right Hon. E. Lucas; Camla Vale, Colonel Westenra.

Spotted a mistake? Suggest a correction on GitHub.

Places nearby