Skip to content

Bradshaw’s Guide


A considerable town, situated at the eastern extremity of Sligo Bay; its population is about 15,000; trade – linen, flour, &c.; its harbour capacious, and will admit vessels of heavy tonnage. There are some interesting remains of an ancient monastery destroyed by fire in the year 1414, but subsequently repaired.

Spotted a mistake? Suggest a correction on GitHub.